The Nairobi County government has demolished illegal structures in Buruburu Phase 3.
Business people were shocked Friday morning to find their structures had been pulled down.
City Hall enforcement and sub-county officers brought down illegal structures overnight.
“The illegal structures had encroached on roads and blocked alleys in the densely populated Buruburu area,” said Buruburu Sub-County Administrator Susan Onanga.
In a statement issued Friday, Ms Onanga said Buruburu residents had recently complained about the illegal structures.
She said residents had also complained that criminals were hiding in the structures and attacking them at night.
She said the county government would continue demolishing illegal structures in the area.
Meanwhile, a team led by Njiru Sub-County Administrator Patrick Mbogo have reclaimed a playing field that had been turned into a dumping site.
The garbage at the site had denied Eden Primary School pupils access to the playing ground.
“We will ensure that open spaces meant for recreational activities for our children are not interfered with,” said Mr Mbogo.